Sunday, April 25, 2010

A sabbatical from my sabbatical

Although it's wonderful to have time off from teaching and service responsibilities to do some research, I am not interacting professionally with anyone in Denmark and so am a bit isolated. However, I am fortunate to be able to take advantage of my European vantage point to visit a collaborator in Valencia, Spain. (I say fortunate both because my collaborator is willing to deal with me for a couple of weeks, and Kyle is willing to single-parent for a couple of weeks. Muchas gracias to both of you!)

I was here once before for a Sweet Summer Sabbatical in the summer of 2006. At that time we started a project that has now been published. I also had a blog of sorts, which has some pictures of Valencia and my impressions of the city at that time. We also spent time in Germany that summer, because both Kyle and I had meetings there.

I will collect stories and take pictures for a future post over the next couple of weeks. I will just note for now that I am staying in what seems to be a very nice dorm in the city center in a building that used to be a palace, and am currently passing time until dinner becomes available at 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment